Friday, March 2, 2012

Zero to Boston?

The name "Zero to Boston" refers to how much running I had done the last year before I started training on December 2. This really was starting from scratch, but as of this weekend I am up to 19 miles for the long weekend run, so we are plugging along!

My brother Chris drew the logo. He modeled it after a comic strip character he made for me when we were in high school. For those not familiar with the Boston Marathon, they literally bus you out of the city to a town call Hopkinton, Mass. and then during the race you run the 26.2 miles back to Downtown Boston. It was a bit intimidating the first time around, but in the end there is no other race quite like it.

In future posts I will talk more about the race, but for now the slide show on the blog give you a bit of a feeling for what race day is like. The photos are a mix of shots from my past runs in Boston in 2007 & 2008, and then from a time during graduate school in 2005. I did not run that year, but rather walked back from the finish line during the race to the infamous "Heartbreak Hill" and snapped shots of the scene along the way. These are now the photos I use for motivation.
Thanks for taking time to read these posts, and joining me on the journey and in the fight against cancer. -Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment