Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cherry Blossoms, beards, and running 42 miles in 2 days....

The most difficult part of the training is now behind me.  A few weeks ago I ran back to back 20+ milers over two weekends.  20 miles one week, and then the final 22 miler at three weeks before the marathon.  What else are you going to do with three spare hours on a Sunday? 

The first run happened to coincide with one of the warmest DC spring days all year (80 degrees!) which meant I had to use the $20 I always tuck in my shorts to buy extra water along the way.  I also used that run to try out my Marathon jersey (below), and as a special bonus, the run coincided with an early blooming of the cherry blossoms this year.  The blue sky backdrop made for some great shots, even using my blackberry camera.

The next time you see the jersey it will be all decorated for race day.  One thing you won't see this year is my traditional marathon beard (yes, Murph usually goes Grizzly Adams for the month before a race).  In a bit of poorly planned scheduling, we are taking our first set of extended family photos in a long time this weekend.  So I ditched the beard in favor of looking presentable.  It just means I'll need more sunblock on race day now!





No comments:

Post a Comment