Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making Lemonade....

Having the last name Murphy, I know that with even the best planning things can go wrong at the last minute.  Hiccup 1 happened on the plane to Boston last night.  I am pretty sure I got food poisoning from the leftovers I ate for lunch Saturday before heading to the airport.  I had a miserable headache, and then when I arrived in Boston, instead of going to dinner with my Aunt & Uncle to do some serious carb-loading, I went staight to the hotel to do some serious carb "off" loading.  I am feeling much better today though, and am ready for tomorrow.

Now the next challenge is that it is supposed to be an unseasonably warm day in Boston tomorrow, 87F!  Not great weather for a marathon.  That means we will all have to dial it back a bit.  Thankfully, DC weather has thrown some 80+ days at me during my long runs, so this will not be a total shock.  I will be drinking (and dousing myself with) plenty of H20 tomorrow.

As always to finish, here's a shots.  The weolcome sign at the airport and I spent some time at the finish today as well.  This is a great time to be in Boston!

No comments:

Post a Comment